Your Photo Magically Transformed into a Work of Art!
Thank you for allowing me to create a memory of your beloved companion!
- I want a pet portrait! What do you need from me to get started?
To create a beautiful portrait, it helps if I start with a JPG photo that is at least 500K or larger, with a resolution of 300 pixels per inch (ppi). The bigger the file size, the more details I can see. The result? A stunning portrait of your furry friend! One important detail: if it’s not your photo, you will need to have permission to use it.
If you live in the Washington DC metro area, talk to me about our pet photography services!
- What if I only have a print photo and can’t find the digital file?
Not to worry – I have a high resolution scanner. Just mail the photo to me, and I’ll keep it safe and sound until I return it along with your portrait. Or, if you prefer, you can have it scanned (300 ppi resolution please!) and email the digital file.
- What if I have more than one pet and want them in the same portrait?
That’s fine – as long as I can see all of the pets and they are in the same photo. I’m glad to include more than one pet; the fee is $35 for each additional pet. If you have two separate photos, send them over and let’s take a look.
- What happens after you get my photos?
I’ll send you an email and give you a call – make sure I know where to reach you – a phone number is helpful along with an email address. We can review your ideas for the portrait and I can learn a little bit more about your pet.
- How long will it take until I can see proofs of my pet’s portrait?
Depending on the time of year, I’ll have a proof for you to review within 10 days after receiving your photo – maybe even sooner!
- What does the proofing set include?
You will have no less than 4 options. I’ll use different background textures and colors to enhance your pet’s coloring which can be refined to suit your taste. If there’s a specific color scheme that you like, or a room where you will hang your portrait, let me know.
- What if I want you to change something?
There will be no charge for the first revision. If you have more than one revision, the charge is $75 per hour, with a one hour minimum. I want you to be delighted with the final portrait, and will work on the portrait until you are totally satisfied with the end result!
- How will my portrait be printed and mounted?
Your portrait will be printed on Hahnemühle Fine Art Textured paper – the colors are rich and vibrant! Then it is lovingly mounted into an archival quality matte. It’s now ready for your favorite standard-size frame. I also have several framing options available – just ask! I also offer your portrait on gallery-wrap canvas, framed or unframed,
- Will I be able to post my portrait onto my Facebook/Google+/Instagram account?
Of course! You’ll get a web-quality file of your final portrait and I would be delighted for you to post it to any of your social media sites. It’s not suitable for reprinting, but it will look terrific as your profile picture on any website.
- What are the options and costs for my pet portrait?
- Hahnemuhle FineArt Paper matted, starting at $250, or framed prints (8″ x 8″ or larger) starting at $300.
- Gallery-wrap canvas giclee prints (10″ x 10″ or larger) start at $285 unframed.
- Framed “floating canvas” provides a three-dimensional look for your canvas. Several solid wood frame options are available for your portrait. Prices start at $475.
- What is the cost if I want a second (or third) reproduction of the portrait?
The cost for a reprint would be the cost of reproduction of the original depending on the size and type of print you would like to have.
- How much does it cost to ship my portrait to me?
I use FedEx Ground, and typical shipping and handling costs start at $20 depending on your location and whether your artwork is framed or unframed.
- Will my pet portrait become famous?
It might! I usually like to show off your portrait on my website or my Facebook page. Or I may use it for advertising or reprint it in the future. If this is a gift and you prefer me not to show off your pet’s portrait online until after the special event has passed – just tell me.
Just call me at 703-989-0001 or drop me a note in the contact page if you need to know anything else!